Get a Free Consultation
Call now: (201) 869-3033
When you have missing teeth, an alternative solution to dentures is dental implants. While dentures are removable, dental implants provide permanent new teeth to restore your mouth’s function and appearance. Dental implants tend to offer a successful and lasting solution to the loss of some or all of your teeth.
Read this article to learn more about implants in North Bergen.
Dental implants are used to replace missing teeth or to support dental prosthetics, such as dentures. They are typically made of titanium, a biocompatible material that is accepted by the body, and are placed into the bone through a surgical procedure. Dental implants are a great option to replace missing teeth to prevent the movement of teeth due to extra spacing and maintain the functionality of the bite.
Dental implants typically have three parts:
- The implant: A screw that serves as an anchor for your new tooth. This is attached to your jaw.
- The abutment: A permanent connector that supports the crown and helps provide additional stability for the crown.
- The crown: This is the part of the tooth that you can see. It’s usually made of zirconium or porcelain for durability and aesthetics.
What are three benefits of having dental implants?
- Improved functionality - Eating and chewing will resume effortlessly with dental implants. You will be able to continue to smile, chew and speak as if you never lost a tooth.
- Natural looking - Dental porcelain crowns used to restore dental implants are so natural looking it is hard to detect the difference between natural teeth and implant crowns.
- Improved bone health - By replacing a missing tooth, you prevent the movement of adjacent teeth and maintain the arch support in the jaw. Because all of the teeth in the mouth work together as a unit, missing one tooth can cause shifting problems such as malalignment over time.
How do I determine if I'm a good candidate for dental implants?
Many patients ask if they are a good candidate for dental implants. We always ask them to come into our office for a free consultation and we can discuss if dental implants are the best option for you, after doing a clinical exam and reviewing your clinical Xrays.
Are dental implants painful?
As with any other surgery, there is minimal discomfort after the procedure is completed. After placing local anesthetic the first step of the procedure barely takes 10-15 minutes. Many patients leave smiling after the procedure. During the second step a couple of months later, a scan is taken for the abutment and crown. At Aesthetic Dental, we will closely monitor you after the implants are placed to address all your concerns after the procedure. We also offer sedation dentistry if a patient has anxiety. We do everything possible, to provide a gentle and comforting experience.
Are dental implants expensive?
Dental implants are an investment but at Aesthetic Dental we provide financing options to allow patients to pay in installments. Some dental implants may last a lifetime, so knowing you are choosing a great tooth replacement option will give you confidence. In terms of long-term dental options, dental implants are a great investment.
Contact Aesthetic Dental today at 201-869-3033 to set up a dental appointment for dental implants!