Posts for category: Cosmetic Dentistry
Are you missing teeth? Dental implants can replace your missing teeth and improve your quality of life. Implants are manufactured devices that are placed in the jawbone, where they act as anchors for false teeth. Led by Dr. Chithra Durgam and Dr. Leah Friedman, Aesthetic Dental (located in North Bergen, NJ) offers implants to their patients. Read on to find out what implants could do for you.
1. You will restore your smile. Dental implants can enhance your smile and take years off your look. Dental implants feel and look like real teeth. Because they're designed to fuse with the jawbone, they become permanent. With dental implants, you will look as wonderful as you feel.
2. You can live with self-confidence. Your implants will be secure, so they won't click or slip out of place when you eat, talk, or laugh. With implants in place, you will have the peace of mind to eat the foods you love, say what you want to say, be as active as you want and smile broadly.
3. They will prevent jawbone loss. After a person loses a tooth, the healthy bone begins to resorb, or break down. Implants are the only teeth replacement option that actually stops bone loss and stimulate bone growth. Getting an implant as soon as possible after losing a tooth helps prevent jawbone loss at the site.
4. They will prevent teeth shifting. The gap from a missing tooth can cause your remaining teeth to shift toward the empty space. This pulls your remaining teeth out of position and can affect your appearance and your bite. A bad bite can lead to jaw problems and may result in pain and headaches. See our North Bergen, NJ dentist right away to replace your lost teeth with dental implants and keep your smile healthy.
5. They will improve your chewing ability. Dental implants restore full chewing power. Most people with implants can’t tell the difference between the implant tooth and their natural teeth. With dental implants, you will be able to eat in comfort and with confidence.
Ready to experience the benefits of dental implants? Call Aesthetic Dental in North Bergen, NJ at 201-869-3033 to schedule a dental implant evaluation.
Thanks to Invisalign, more and more adults are finally getting straighter smiles because they can do so without having to wear a mouth full of metal. Our North Bergen, NJ, dentists Dr. Chithra Durgam and Dr. Leah Friedman understand just how important it is to be able to fix crooked smiles but without the whole world knowing. Here are some of the benefits of getting Invisalign,
One of the major benefits of getting Invisalign is that the aligners or trays that are used to realign teeth are nearly invisible. They are made from a clear, thermoplastic and the aligners are customized to fit right firmly against your teeth like whitening trays, making them less visible when you smile or talk. There are absolutely no metal components, wiring or brackets.
Comfortable to Wear
The edge of each aligner is smoothed down so they are less likely to cause irritation to the gums. Furthermore, each aligner is created based off the measurements and treatment plan that our North Bergen, NJ, Invisalign dentists have already mapped out during your initial consultation. There are no sharp edges or parts that could be irritating to the gums.
Eat What You Want
Since traditional braces require you to sport brackets and wires on the front of your teeth there is a rather extensive list of foods that you should eat because they could cause damage to your braces. This includes most hard, crunchy, sticky and chewy foods, from baguettes and corn on the cob to chewing gum. With Invisalign you don’t have to say goodbye to the foods you love. Just take out your aligners prior to eating.
Easier to Keep Teeth Clean
Another issue that we see is that it can be challenging for people, particularly teens to keep their teeth clean when they wear traditional braces. It can be difficult to clean around the brackets and wires without causing damage, and over time the plaque and tartar that builds up could lead to a cavity. Luckily, there is less of a risk for cavities when you wear Invisalign because you can remove your aligners prior to brushing and flossing.
Are you ready to sit down with our dental team and find out if you are a good candidate for Invisalign? If so, call Aesthetic Dental in North Bergen, NJ, today at (201) 869-3033 to schedule a consultation.